Sunday, September 2, 2007

Am I losing it...

I've decided to go home this Ramadhan (mid Ramadhan to be exact). I don't think I need to justify my reason for going but people keep on asking. "Wouldn't it be a waste of money?," they said. Is there a problem with that? My money, my time, my lost... not theirs. I'm not such an impulsive person who do things without thinking about the pros and cons first... I've thought about this over and over, and initially my plan was just to stay here and wait for December until it's time to go home for good. However things aren't that straight forward for me... Read my previous post... that's the reason why I insisted to go home... My hati dah nda tenteram, I need to go home and 'find myself again' and Ramadhan is a good month to do just that.

My spiritual need is suffering... I've tried my best to overcome it by sembahyang, bezikir etc etc... It's working but I need to work harder. Being with my family and spending the Ramadhan together will hopefully boost it even more. God bless...

7 years... I could continue to be here longer if I want to... continue training and go home as a Consultant instead of a mere House officer... but what's the rush huh? My thinking anyway... others might not like the way I'm thinking... I could go mad at this rate... I might snap!...

Society emphasizes so much on earning good money, more and more money... going for higher positions ASAP... but in doing so, we overlooked the basic human need as a Muslim.. what's the purpose of us being in this world?? We know the answer to that but we continuously forget when we're trying to strive for the world. Sigh... my ranting is probably just me not entirely happy with work at the moment... I need a break to recuperate... 4 more weeks to go... I'm happy with that thought (^_^)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

sighh i wish i can go home for Ramadhan too :( enjoy ur time back home nanti ah... n doa2 kan kami =) u'll be stopping by here before u balik tapinya kan?

btw, ada a group of girls d brunei have dis weekly halaqah sessions... wondering if u want to join?

talk to u nanti!

ps. do u actually check ur comments kh? hmmm... txt me! :p

Nora said...

Salam Naz, yes I do check the comments. Thx for reading ;)

Yes... Tumpang ur apartment lagi end of Sept ni b4 my flight to auckland. Tat's gonna b a wkend...

Tat's interesting... will talk nanti.

Btw I was suggesting 2 zanna tat u all shud do smbhyg hajat jemaah b4 the exam.

I can't wait haha... ortho masa ni bolehlah... but i wish i'm doing medicine...

iantie said...

hi fizan,

it's iantie here. have a safe trip home and maybe we can catch up while u are in brunei ;) InsyaAllah... take k

Nora said...

Salam Iantie,
Yeah we'll catch up when i'm home InsyaAllah... not long to go now :)
Salam Ramadhan... Thx for reading my blog...
P/S: nice work on your blog :P