Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Keep going... keep going...

I am truly tired today. Had spent the whole day assisting in operating theatre, 2 big operations and a few minor ones... My feet are aching, my shoulders' sore...
In terms of my prayers, i feel I'm slack today because of this. My khusyuk during solat was disrupted to a certain extent today. Have I tried my best to focus? Maybe not... I should try harder... This is exactly what I'm scared of... Physically tired from doing worldly matters to the extent of affecting our preparation for Akhirah... Should it be like this? I don't think so. If my Iman is strong enough I should be able to withstand this no matter how tired my body feels. Rasulullah SAW himself used to pray until his feet were swollen.

Narrated Al-Mughira: The Prophet used to stand (in the prayer) or pray till both his feet or legs swelled. He was asked why (he offered such an unbearable prayer) and he said, "should I not be a thankful slave." (Sahih Bukhari)

It shows how weak I am still... Being tired doesn't mean we should decrease our ibadah and it isn't an excuse for not being khusyuk in our solat. We should remember Allah in good and bad times and we should be more patient (sabar). May Allah give me strength to overcome this test.

Al-Baqarah (2:152)
"Therefore remember Me (Allah), I will remember you, and be grateful to Me and never be ungrateful."

Al-Baqarah (2:153)
"O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salat. Truly! Allah is with the As-Sabirun (the patient/sabar)."

No comments: